At Mercer, we’re creating a culture where you can bring your authentic self to work. When you join us, you bring your inclusive energy and enthusiasm to a team that values you personally and professionally – regardless of who you are, what you look like, where you were raised or born, who you love or what your religious beliefs are. You are welcome here.
Mercer Canada is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Toronto office:
Senior Associate DB Actuarial Consultant – Wealth Business
What can you expect?
- The Senior Associate focuses on ensuring Mercer delivers customized retirement consulting services to clients (small or medium) with an emphasis on the efficient implementation of standard solutions but the ability to contribute to the delivery of more complex solutions as well.
- The Senior Associate also manages and develops analysts on internal client teams to ensure operational excellence and efficiency, and participates in selling Mercer services and solutions to existing clients.
- To fulfill this role, the Senior Associate will be the lead consultant on small clients and/or second on medium to large clients, and may also play a key role on some of our largest clients. This entails having shared responsibility for the Wealth business’ client relationship and client financials.
What is in it for you?
- At Mercer, we’re as invested in creating brighter futures for our own people as we are for our clients. To help you reach your full potential, we offer a culture, benefits and resources that support your wellbeing and career development.
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest and most energetic people in the industry, who will nurture, challenge and enable you.
- A dynamic, collaborative and inclusive culture, where diversity is embraced – and you are celebrated and appreciated for who you are.
- The opportunity to network, share views, and learn from others by getting involved with our Business Resource Groups: PRIDE, Women@Mercer, Racial & Ethnic Diversity and Rising Professionals Network.
- The chance to make a positive difference in your local community by using your paid time off to volunteer through events organized by Mercer Cares, our community outreach and volunteerism BRG.
- A huge variety of virtual learning and development resources to support your personal and professional growth.
- Competitive rewards supporting your financial wellbeing, including compensation, retirement savings, stock purchase plan, and more.
- Offerings geared at your overall wellness, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and fitness benefits, as well as life insurance and child and elder care programs.
- Generous paid time off and a flexible work schedule that accommodates your home life and commitments outside of work.
We will count on you to:
- Deliver consulting advice and services to small clients and be a key project manager for activity on larger clients
- Act as the main point of contact for the client on some client teams or projects.
- Liaise with other lines of business and/or other geographies to coordinate service delivery
- Perform or oversee necessary calculations or analysis on special retirement projects, analyzing the impact on all of a client’s retirement plans, including assumption studies, plan design studies, and acquisition studies.
- Delegate, manage, and review analysis and client work by analysts. Act as final technical review for client projects. Sign funding and accounting valuation reports if the candidate has the relevant designations.
- Create project work plans and monitor timelines and budgets
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Economics, Finance or related field
- 5+ years pension-related work experience, preferably in a Consulting environment
- Successful client relationship experience
- Proven project management experience
- Superior proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong independence but also a collegial team player
- Willingness to share ideas and voice opinions
- Strong communication skills
What makes you stand out:
- Willingness to learn and to think outside of the box
- Deep technical expertise or aptitude
- FSA, FCIA would be an asset but not required
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Mercer will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or medical need please contact TANA@mmc.com.
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.