Actuary, Corporate Actuarial
- Actuary, Corporate Actuarial 2020
- Financial – Insurance
- Practice Area
- Individual Life Insurance
- Actuarial designation
- Actuary – FCIA
PartnerRe is a leading global reinsurer that was established in 1993, in the aftermath of Hurricane Andrew, to bring much-needed capacity to a market in crisis, helping insurers to provide continuity to their clients. Though we have evolved continuously throughout the years, our purpose remains the same: to help insurance companies succeed.
We are a global and culturally diverse team of more than 1,000 talented professionals spread across 20 locations. Our size ensures that we are big enough to matter and be relevant to our clients and brokers, but small enough that you will quickly get to know all of the colleagues that you will be collaborating with. More importantly, PartnerRe is a company where you can make a real impact and get a true sense of the contribution you make to the company′s success and results.
Our culture is based on trust, responsibility, openness, and initiative, and we pride ourselves on delivering the best possible reinsurance solutions for our clients. We are always looking for bright, proactive people with expert knowledge skills, and integrity to join our international teams
Actuary, Corporate Actuarial
We are seeking for our Toronto office an Actuary, Corporate Actuarial to join the Corporate Actuarial team.
As part of a global team of actuaries, accountant, and IT professionals focused on implementing the IFRS17 accounting standard. The individual will help drive various projects related to the successful implementation of IFRS 17.
Your responsibilities will include the completion of the following:
- Research and review the evolving IFRS 17 guidelines to develop PartnerRe specific policies
- Create and review business requirement related to process/modelling changes driven by the new standard
- Analyze and research on Life Insurance Capital Adequacy Test (LICAT) requirements under IFRS 17
- Support the OSFI Quantitative Impact Studies (QIS) for LICAT under IFRS 17
- Support the creation of the company’s financial reporting process under IFRS 17 by interpreting and providing feedback on how the company’s policy position decisions will impact the technology and IFRS 17 reporting process.
- Proactively build and maintain awareness of international capital standard development
An ideal candidate would possess the following qualities:
- Ability to maintain an effective control environment
- Ability to communicate with peers and staff
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- A high degree of accountability
- Ability to handle multiple assignments communicating prioritizations to required levels
- A high degree of professional ethics
- Strong interpersonal skills & effective communicator (written and oral)
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-identification, and resolution skills with attention to detail
Qualifications and experience:
- 5+ years of life insurance experience
- Prior Experience with IFRS 17, LICAT an asset
- FSA/FCIA or equivalent Actuarial designation, a near fellow with prior policy experience will also be considered
- Ability to work independently and perform research in unfamiliar areas
- Proficient people skills, essential in building and managing relationships within the organization
- Experience modeling in AXIS
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Excel
- High degree of personal competence (self-awareness, self-management)
The Toronto office was established in 2018 in the heart of Canada’s financial centre and is steadily growing. Our location offers a rich choice of business services, cuisines, fitness and entertainment options. There are currently 80 employees working in an open concept environment enabling individuals to interact professionally. We collaborate across locations in multicultural international teams. Our business specialists look after Property & Casualty, Specialty and Lifelines of business with the support of different functions, such as Actuarial, Risk Management, Reinsurance Accounting, Claims, IT, Legal, Audit and HR.
PartnerRe does not interview employment candidates or make offers of employment solely on the basis of telephone or electronic interviews or other communications. Authorized PartnerRe email communications are sent only from an official @PartnerRe.com email address. In addition, PartnerRe does not request payments of money from employment candidates before or after an offer of employment is made.
More search results
Analyste en actuariat – intelligence d’affaires
La Capitale groupe financier
Senior Actuarial Analyst
Gore Mutual Insurance Company
Directeur des analyses quantitatives et des modèl…
Autorité des marchés financiers
Heartland Farm Mutual
VICE PRESIDENT – PRICING ACTUARY – P&C – BERMUDA …