Reporting to the AVP, Data & Analytics, the Senior Manager, Data & Analytics will be accountable for Facility Association’s data asset management development and oversight of new products and associated processes
As the Senior Manager, Data & Analytics, you will lead the development, implementation and ongoing management of the Underwriting Information Plan (UIP). This involves working with management and member companies, ensuring the establishment of data management protocol, meaning: information classification, quality, and security characteristics and the associated data classification, quality and security, in support of the mandated industry association plan. You will also lead the ongoing operation of the mandated plan itself, including the development and implementation of member access protocols, formats and methodologies.
The Senior Manager, Data & Analytics is FA’s Data Security Officer. The Senior Manager is accountable for the management and optimization of the FA’s data assets, including the UIP, RSP, and FARM Data and supporting internal systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide subject matter expertise on UIP including supporting applications and downstream systems;
- Liaison with the FA’s UIP Advisory Committee;
- Lead the ongoing operation of the UIP and associated project management of UIP development and implementation of internal systems, including any RFP process for vendors;
- Research and develop data governance protocols, including data and information standards related to classification, quality, and security for consideration of the Data Governance Council and approval by the Board;
- Develop and implement the Facility Association’s approach to data governance protocol management;
- Monitor data and information quality and security and assume responsibility for associated risk management;
- As Data Security Officer, provide a regular report to the FA Data Governance Council on the security status of information assets and technologies;
- Working in tandem with the Privacy Officer, ensure protection of information assets and technologies;
- Analyze, research, and recommend improvements including innovative approaches to the overall data collection and handling process (including submission formats, standards; processes, data quality tools, documentation, and data access for members and stakeholders) and direct, design and implement approved approaches;
- Manage and develop external stakeholder relations, including with third party service providers, Members and regulatory bodies with respect to data processing, data governance and system maintenance;
- Maintain knowledge of federal and provincial financial reporting requirements for automobile insurers;
- Oversee and manage staff in line with the Vision, Mission, and values of the Facility Association;
- Support the initiation and execution of operational and strategic initiatives as required; and
- Document all work product clearly and fully.
- University degree in computer science, data engineering, actuarial science or equivalent with a focus on data management;
- At least 10-12 years work experience in the financial services industry in Canada;
- Proven ability in project management;
- Ability to liaise, coordinate and manage collaborative process with industry stakeholders and other internal departments to achieve the build, and the ongoing operation of the UIP;
- Ability to communicate ideas and decisions clearly and effectively, with particular emphasis on strong written communication skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure, including time constraints, negotiations and competing priorities;
- Ability to analyze data and member/ stakeholder issues, and respond with potential solutions;
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive, team-oriented attitude;
- Ability to be flexible, learn quickly and adapt to changes in technology and techniques; and
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience in business system change processes;
- Ability to design, develop and apply new data classification, quality and security procedures and methods;
- Experience in all aspects of data analytics, including mining, generation, and visualization;
- Experience in Property and Casualty insurance in Canada, and experience with large scale Automobile insurance data analysis and/or management;
- Experience in database management (VBA and SQL in particular); and
- Experience using GISA/IBC data and exhibits (i.e. Canadian automobile insurance industry statistical data).
More search results
SCOR SE Canada Branch
Actuary or Actuarial Advisor (RE-06) / Actuaire o…
Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions Canada
Director / Directeur(trice)
Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI)
Actuarial Co-op (May 2021 - Dec 2021)