As CAAT’s growth initiative continues, we are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Associate, Actuarial Solutions to join our team.
In this role, you will act as the main point of contact in guiding employers through the onboarding process in a timely manner, including responsibility for project planning and coordination, leading meetings, completion of documentation, adherence to procedures, and providing customer service required to onboard employers. You will prepare actuarial analysis to support decision making and perform due diligence of new employers. You will also be involved in a range of day-to-day tasks, internal projects, and special activities associated with the Plan’s growth initiative.
As an expert in customer service and client relations with a proven desire to help people, the incumbent is responsible for ensuring employers are onboarded in a smooth and seamless manner while ensuring employers and members have a positive experience customized to their needs.
We are looking for two (2) talented and enthusiastic Senior Associates to join our expanding Member & Employer Onboarding team!
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- Problem solver with excellent skills in documentation and follow-up
- Customer service and project management experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (effectively interact with internal and external parties)
- Accountability - takes ownership of personal workload and performs tasks to completion within deadlines
- Agile mindset, open and accepting of change and can adapt to varying states of ambiguity
- Problem solver always looking to improve current practices
- Good communication skills (both written and oral)
Your University Degree (e.g. majoring in mathematics or finance) and/or College diploma and/or a combination of equivalent training, education, and experience, as well as, 6-8 years of experience in a pension/insurance/finance/banking industry, and an Associate, Canadian Institute of Actuaries (ACIA)/Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) designation or demonstrated equivalent education/experience makes you an ideal candidate. You must also have thorough understanding of pensions and strong Excel skills.
Once here you will:
- Develop and implement project plans, co-ordinate resources for and lead internal and external meetings, support the development and delivery of member information sessions and website tools, and review progress of ongoing projects
- Follow documented procedures and related checklists required to onboard members and employers with high customer service satisfaction and meeting established standards
- Coordinate information management activities related to the completion of standard internal governance documents within target timelines and in order to ensure a seamless process from all stakeholders’ perspectives
- Interact with the employer and internal departments to ensure documentation completion and meeting of deadlines
- Anticipate and mitigate delays related to onboarding
- In conjunction with actuarial team respond to all queries received by providing relevant, accurate and timely information
- Complete due diligence including credit checks, analysis of experience, etc. and complete a review to determine if results require management involvement
- Prepare applications, notices, operational reports, and other growth-related correspondence and documentation
- Work with Plan staff from various teams to resolve onboarding related issues
- Service the employer as the main point of contact by responding to and coordinating any information requests
- Assist with data analysis for special projects and provide support around potential mergers with other pension plans
- Demonstrate creativity and innovation with problem solving, and identify opportunities to improve processes
- Assist in training and mentoring of junior staff
- Other tasks as assigned
If interested, please apply email your resume to Justyna Chomiak firstname.lastname@example.org Senior Associate, Actuarial Solutions in the subject line.
We recruit and select the most qualified candidates and thank all applicants for their interest but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
CAAT Pension Plan is an equal opportunity employer that supports abilities and diversity of all kinds. If you require accommodation during the recruiting and selection process, please contact us at email@example.com or call Human Resources at 416-673-9000.