Senior Actuarial and Risk Protege
- SOCAR Mobility Asia
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- MYR 10,000
- Information Technology
- Practice Area
- Actuarial Evidence
- Actuarial designation
- Academic PHD
- Less than $39,999
Are you a talented and driven problem solver who would like to join our team in Kuala Lumpur? Someone with a startup mentality, who is capable of integrating into a multicultural team?
SOCAR aims to change the way people in South East Asia move around by becoming the biggest car-sharing platform in South East Asia. We are currently the biggest player in Malaysia and aim to scale out our product offering across more verticals and geographies.
We are growing fast - this is an extremely exciting moment for SOCAR.
Projects you will be working on?
- Transform statistically proven risk indicators into innovative and profitable insurance products
- Have the opportunity to be actively involved in supporting the launch of the new insurance vertical for SOCAR and Trevo
What will you be engaged in?
You will have the opportunity to:
- Support SOCAR/Trevo insurance arm in building the analytical framework to drive the expansion of the new vertical
- Take an active role to identify, evaluate and propose new insurance products that can be implemented within existing platforms and new verticals (car replacement, ERS insurance, etc.) using internal and external datasets
- Work closely with the Trust, Identity, and Safety Manager and the Business Intelligence Team to identify statistically significant risk factors for SOCAR and Trevo
- Devise innovative insurance products and use appropriate statistical methodologies (GLM, Machine Learning, etc.) to predict claims cost and price policies appropriately
- Build and continuously improve statistical models to better predict occurrence and cost of loss events for a given customer
- Analyze historical loss events from a mixture of motor insurance claims data and cash repairs within SOCAR and Trevo, and classify policy holders into clusters according to their perceived risk
- Model claim cost and identify optimal pricing of the insurance policy within each cluster
Are you the ideal candidate?
First and foremost ask yourself: Are you customer-obsessed? This is the key SOCAR’s prime value that drives our mission forward. If your heart and mind shout “YES, I am!”, you have just identified a fundamental match between you and your future SOCAR team.
- Certified actuary from an internationally recognized body (CAS, SOA, etc.)
- BA/BS in Math, Statistics, Economics, or similar
- Commercial auto insurance or reinsurance experience a plus
- Excellent Excel skills, proficient with SQL, experience with VBA, R, or Python preferred
- Great communication and organization skills, ability to multitask and be a team player
- Entrepreneurial mindset, able to identify priorities in fast growing and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Balance attention to detail with swift and practical execution
- Reserving or claims analytics experience a plus
- Post Graduates are welcome to apply!
What we will offer you?
- Be part of the fastest-growing car-sharing company in the world!
- Opportunity to drive new ideas and make a measurable impact on company metrics
- Work with incredibly driven people with great executable ideas
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Insurance
- SOCAR travelling credits
- Phone allowance
- International environment (we are 10 different nationalities in the office!)
- The chance to launch new markets in different countries
- Endless company events (Futsal, cinema, birthday cakes, celebrations, team lunch and dinner ... )
How will your roadmap to join SOCAR look like?
After you submit your application, you can expect to prepare for the following steps in the hiring process:
- 1 One-minute video CV
- 1 session - Talent Acquisition Team (Virtual or face-to-face)
- 1 business case (To be pitched in Head of Operations round)
- 1 session - Head of Operations (Virtual or face-to-face)
- 1 session - CFO/CEO and/or other HODs (Virtual or face-to-face)