Consultant- Actuarial Life
At KPMG we believe there are as many versions of success as there are people, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you no matter what you do. When you join our team, you’ll be part of an award-winning culture that values thinking and doing differently and working together to make an impact. From professional development to our personalized total rewards packages, we take care of you, so that you can take care of business. Let’s do this.
Overview of the opportunity:
Our Risk Consulting practice provides clients with a range of Advisory and Assurance services focused on strengthening business resilience, managing business risks, and driving business performance.
As part of the Financial Risk Management (FRM) service line, we are excited to look for a Consultant to join our Actuarial team to provide support on a variety of engagements and help drive the growth and profitability of the Life Actuarial practice.
This role involves participating on client engagement teams for IFRS 17 accounting change implementation mandates as well as becoming part of our North American Modelling Team, KPMG’s center of excellence. Mandates involve assisting our Canadian, US and Caribbean clients with their business and actuarial challenges consistent with their strategic and operational objectives.
What you will do
If you are looking for a challenging position in an exciting and dynamic environment, we offer you a unique team within KPMG, a highly engaging culture and a growing team of exceptional professionals. As part of our Life Actuarial practice, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Assisting in the delivery of actuarial and finance end to end transformations, involving AXIS conversions and modernization using KPMG leading modelling practices.
- Assisting in the actuarial implementation and implementation review of the IFRS 17 insurance accounting standard.
- Providing actuarial specialist support to the audits of financial statement actuarial liability disclosures
- Providing support to management in developing KPMG’s market offerings
What you bring to the role
A successful candidate will possess a strong mixture of education, experience, skills and behaviors such as the following:
- University degree with a major in mathematics, finance or actuarial science, and actively writing the Society of Actuaries exams with the intention of working towards the ASA\ACIA designation and ultimately Fellowship
- Experience in a life actuarial role, ideally within a consulting environment, or any other professional service organization.
- Experience using the Moody’s AXIS™ actuarial software system and/or Moody’s RiskIntegrity™ for IFRS 17
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational and time management skills
Keys to your success:
- Strong technical skills in MS Office
- Effective interpersonal skills and professional maturity; demonstrated ability to effectively interact and build relationships with a diverse group of clients and colleagues.
- Highly motivated, committed self-starter who can prioritize work, multi-task and cope with changing priorities in an entrepreneurial environment
- Fluency in French would be an asset
At times, business needs arise and employees are asked and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
Our competitive actuarial student program will assist you in progressing through your actuarial exams, and enable you to apply the knowledge you gain from your studies to current actuarial issues.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG’s Employee Relations Service team for support at email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com.