Actuarial /Canada (Location Flexible)
KPMG Professionals Are...
You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you’ll be one of over 207,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 153 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
Overview of the opportunity:
The Manager/Senior Manager will lead and support a variety of engagements for clients in Canada, the US and the Caribbean, and help drive the growth and profitability of the Life and Pensions Actuarial practice.
This role involves high visibility in the market and with clients. The successful candidate is expected to look for opportunities to assist our life and composite insurance clients with their actuarial and business challenges which may involve close collaboration with other KPMG service lines. They should be familiar with Canadian life insurance financial reporting and capital management. They would also have a strong background in AXIS modeling and join our North American AXIS Team, KPMG’s AXIS center of excellence.
Role and Responsibilities:
Lead or assist in business development and delivery of professional services related to:
- insurance regulatory change, such as IFRS 17 accounting change;
- AXIS model development, review and remediation including end-to-end conversions from legacy actuarial systems
- finance transformation for insurance companies;
- actuarial specialist support to the audits of insurance companies
- actuarial regulatory mandates such as Appointed Actuary, Independent Actuary and Peer Review work.
At times, business needs arise and employees are asked and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
Skills and Qualifications:
- University degree with ASA/ACIA or FSA/FCIA designation.
- 8+ years of experience in a life actuarial role
- Knowledge of the Canadian life insurance accounting and regulatory environment, including IFRS17
- Experience using Moody’s AXIS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational and time management
- Highly motivated team player, entrepreneurial, with a positive attitude
- Fluency in French is an Asset
- Familiarity within a consulting environment is also an asset.
If you are looking for a challenging position in an exciting and dynamic environment, we offer you a unique team within KPMG, a highly engaging culture and a growing team of exceptional professionals.
Should you be pursuing fellowship, our competitive actuarial student program will assist you in progressing through your actuarial exams, and we will enable you to apply the knowledge you gain from your studies to current actuarial issues.