Main purpose and context of role:
Gen Re is a member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies and a world-class global reinsurer specialising in the Life/Health and Property/Casualty markets. Gen Re is represented by an international and U.S. network of more than 46 offices in 23 countries. Gen Re has a financial strength rating of AA+ from Standard and Poor’s, the highest in the industry.
Gen Re is a recent entrant to the Canadian life and health reinsurance marketplace and has continued to add to its local staff as the business has grown. This pricing role combines the best of two worlds: 1) the excitement of getting in on the ground floor of a growing business and 2) the financial backing and support of Berkshire Hathaway.
This role sits within the Pricing and Research team. The team is responsible for the acquisition and management of profitable reinsurance business for Gen Re’s Life and Health operations in Canada, as well as conducting wider research to support client and strategic initiatives.
The successful candidate for this role will be a Fellow of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries. The candidate will also have at least 3 years of relevant work experience post-Fellowship.
Main purpose of role:
This is a varied role giving the incumbent breadth of scope from both a technical and client facing perspective within Gen Re Canada. The role includes producing quotations for individual and group life / health reinsurance business, providing technical actuarial expertise on existing treaties and well as more general pricing and analytic research work. There will be client contact and interaction with other departments in the UK, South Africa and US Gen Re offices.
Key responsibilities of role include:
- Preparing quotations for individual and group reinsurance business, including basis-setting, obtaining sign off and production of premium rates.
- Conducting of experience analysis investigations for the purposes of monitoring Gen Re’s own experience and for quotation purposes.
- Undertaking research to set general pricing bases (Terms of Trade).
- Giving risk management input to product and process design.
- Client interaction and resolving technical issues for clients.
- Giving presentations at seminars and writing technical articles.
- Occasional support for other Gen Re offices.
For further details, download attached file.