Senior Actuarial Analyst - Reinsurance, Property and Casualty
Aon is looking for a Senior Actuarial Analyst - Reinsurance, Property and Casualty
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Reinsurance Solutions, in Toronto, Ontario. As a Senior Actuarial Analyst, you will report directly to a Vice President.
Your impact as a Senior Actuarial Analyst
- Work in a project-oriented, client-focused environment in which problem-solving skills are critical
- Understanding of the broader global insurance and reinsurance market, and how changes to the insurance environment impact clients
- Perform reinsurance pricing and capital modeling to aid decision making
- Communicate results of technical analysis to executive level and non-actuarial personnel
- Work with lead actuaries to create client presentations
- Become a knowledgeable member of the client service team with respect to client’s business and reinsurance program, with frequent broker interaction and some client interaction
- Thorough understanding of Aon Reinsurance Solutions’ suite of products, services and capabilities
- Takes initiative on internal projects to improve processes, products or services
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Highly self-motivated, creative individual who is most comfortable in a team-oriented framework
- Ability to think strategically and analytically
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Accuracy, thoroughness, and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Strong team player who can train/mentor new team members
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office suite of products
- Working knowledge of stochastic modeling software an asset
- Working knowledge of R and/or Python an asset
- Experience with reinsurance/large account exposure an asset
- Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science, Economics, Math or any other analytically oriented equivalent
- 3-5 years of actuarial experience, preferably in P&C
- Successful completion of at least 5 Casualty Actuarial Society exams
Only candidates legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered for this position.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
More search results
Senior Manager, Pension Actuarial/Gestionnaire pr…
Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI)
Senior Director (REX-09) / Directeur principal (R…
Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions Canada
Senior Actuarial Analyst - Pricing
Associate Director, Life Reinsurance
Actuarial Analyst, Annuity
Berkshire Hathaway Group Reinsurance Division