Director, Pension Risk Transfer
We are looking for a Director, Pension Risk Transfer.
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Toronto, London, Winnipeg or Montreal.
An exciting leadership opportunity is now with preferred locations of London, Toronto, Winnipeg or Montreal with the option to work remotely. We are looking for a Director, Pension Risk Transfer in our Group Customer product and pricing area which is responsible for product development and sales of group annuities in Canada. This role also leads a dedicated research function and will serve as a thought leader for longevity risk in Canada.
- Leadership of all technical elements of the quoting including case specific underwriting to assess longevity risk.
- This individual also manages the relationship with our Investments Division to help maximize competitiveness of investment strategy to support the pension risk transfer business and ensure we are using the most appropriate investment yields for our quotes.
- Development and continuous refinement of our mortality basis and underwriting principles to support this business.
- Responsible for leading the research of longevity for the business.
- A thought leader for longevity risk in the Canadian Division.
- Presence in the market with direct exposure to consulting partners as well as clients.
- Understanding IFRS17 and the implications to pricing and return measurements.
- Product development to meet the evolving needs of the Pension Risk Transfer business.
- Work with administration to help deliver superior customer service.
- The Director will also be the lead technical role for any support required on the Institutional Investment Solutions team which provides asset solutions including OCIO support (including client reporting and working closely with our Actuarial partners) to support existing and new (including prospecting) pension plans using Liability Driven Investing techniques.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- University degree with major in mathematics, finance or actuarial science.
- FCIA designation
- Prior experience in a pension consulting environment is helpful; investment related experience desirable.
- Strong operational background with a focus on controls.
- Ability to attract, motivate and develop talent to build the right team to meet strategic direction and tomorrow’s needs.
- Understands the Defined Benefit pension environment and sponsor needs, identifies business opportunities that create a competitive advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in developing highly effective long-term plans in line with the company’s strategic objectives; highly adept at setting goals and determining priorities, and identifying potential risks and opportunities.
- Able to foster collaborative relationships with Investments, Financial Management and Administration.
- Relentless pursuit of continuous improvement and willingness to challenge the status quo to introduce innovative solutions to the market.
- Strong presentation skills to work with external clients with Institutional Investment Solutions
- Bilingual is an asset.
More search results
Senior Manager, Pension Actuarial/Gestionnaire pr…
Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI)
Senior Director (REX-09) / Directeur principal (R…
Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions Canada
Senior Actuarial Analyst - Pricing
Associate Director, Life Reinsurance
Actuarial Analyst, Annuity
Berkshire Hathaway Group Reinsurance Division