Actuarial Analyst I
- New Brunswick
- $56,352.53 - $66,297.34
- Actuarial designation
- Actuarial Candidate
- New Brunswick
WorkSafeNB is passionate about promoting health and safety in New Brunswick workplaces. When a workplace injury does occur, we provide caring recovery services, benefits and compensation to those injured and their families. We’re focused on driving a safety-first culture, providing effective recovery and return to work services, and maintaining a sustainable system that ensures New Brunswickers are protected for generations to come.
Applications are now being accepted for a permanent position of Actuarial Analyst in our Fiscal and Economic Planning Department. This position can be located anywhere in the province.
As an Actuarial Analyst, reporting to the Senior Manager, Actuarial, you will assist in the delivery of actuarial, economic and statistical functions and in the provision of long-term fiscal planning through analysis of information provided by a variety of sources.
You, as a successful candidate, possess the following competencies:
• Client-Focused Service
• Problem Solving
• Analytical Thinking
• Data Literacy
• Financial Acumen
• Attention to Detail
You will assist in the preparation of annual estimates of the liabilities for benefits payable to injured workers. You will assist in the preparation of schedules of assessment rates and provide support to WorkSafeNB’s industrial classification system. You will also maintain tables on capitalization amounts for long term benefits and provide supporting information. Other roles and responsibilities of yours will include updating documentation, uncovering problems, and implementing improvements to existing systems using high-level skills in Excel and Access, including the use of functions and writing, testing, debugging and maintaining VBA code. You will also develop systems to extract information from the corporate databases, conduct analysis to uncover trends and participate in the development of recommendations to be presented to management and the board to assist them with decision-making.
You possess the following qualifications:
• A university degree in actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, or a related field.
• Obtained credit for two Society of Actuaries associateship exams and be willing to write examinations leading to Fellowship in the Canadian Institute of Actuaries.
• Ability to function in MS Office, particularly Excel and Access, and demonstrate the ability to learn coding in VBA.
Prior experience in the workers' compensation field, relevant insurance industry or consulting experience as well as prior experience with actuarial pricing or valuation software would be assets.
Written and spoken competency in English is required. Bilingualism is an asset.
Pay Scale $56,352.53 - $66,297.34
WorkSafeNB offers a competitive annual salary with excellent benefits, including:
• Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability insurance).
• Pension plan (New Brunswick Public Service Pension Plan).
• Competitive vacation and leave benefits.
• Enhanced opportunities for professional development, including support towards achieving Fellowship in the Canadian Institute of Actuaries.
• Support to attend professional association activities.
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
If you are interested in an exciting, challenging and rewarding career with WorkSafeNB, please apply online at www.worksafenb.ca by February 7, 2022.
Similar searches: Actuarial Candidate, Government/Regulatory, New Brunswick