- Manitoba Public Insurance
- Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Practice Area
- Property and Casualty
- Actuarial designation
- Actuary – FCIA
As the Manager, Pricing, you will perform the Corporation’s pricing function, including determining actuarially sound rates for each line of business, pricing new products and coverages, and maintaining actuarial pricing models. You will also be responsible for the daily operations of the department, setting the departmental direction, and providing daily operational leadership to the actuarial staff.
- Create, implement and maintain actuarial based rating methodologies for corporate products including:
- Identify and acquire the requisite information;
- Provide and document assumptions, data and techniques;
- Ensure that methodology conforms with the principle and standards of practice of the Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS) and the Canadian Institute of Actuaries (CIA); and,
- Provide rate recommendations to Management and the Executive.
- Enhance the rating methodologies based on the latest methods and trends in actuarial science.
- Responsible for completing board and cabinet submissions, reports and presentations to Management Committee or the Board, and preparing internal and external audit reviews and responses, as required.
- Provide consultative analytical support to all clients in the corporation requiring advice and assistance, ensuring that methodologies utilized conforms with principles and standards of practice of the CAS and CIA.
- Responsible for the activities of a manager, including management of the departmental budget, participation in planning and budgeting for special projects and improvement initiatives.
- University degree in Mathematics, Statistics or Actuarial Science.
- Fellow of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries.
- Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society
- Minimum seven years progressive experience in the casualty insurance industry, including 5 years of experience in pricing and at least one year in a supervisory capacity.
- In-depth knowledge of actuarial principles and associated tools and methodology.
- Proven capabilities in research, analysis, and a demonstrated ability to interpret and synthesize complex data.
- Proven ability to use Generalized Linear Modelling (GLM) for rate making
- Proven abilities in developing innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Experience in delivery of projects under tight time constraints.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to clearly convey complex information in a concise and straightforward manner.