Manager, Rate Modelling
- Manitoba Public Insurance
- Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Practice Area
- Property and Casualty
- Actuarial designation
- Actuary – FCIA
As the Manager, Rate Modelling, you will be responsible for the vehicle rate group, rate modelling, rating controls, premium and exposure forecasting. You will also be responsible for the daily operations of the department, setting the departmental direction, and providing daily operational leadership to the Rate Modelling staff.
- Create, implement and maintain actuarial premium and exposure forecasting methodologies for all corporate products including:
- Identify and acquire the requisite information;
- Provide and document assumptions, data and techniques;
- Provide regular variance analysis on forecasted exposure and premium.
- Ensure that methodology conforms with the principle and standards of practice of the Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS) and the Canadian Institute of Actuaries (CIA).
- Enhance the rating methodologies based on the latest methods and trends in actuarial science.
- Responsible for completing board and cabinet submissions, reports and presentations to Management Committee or the Board, and preparing internal and external audit reviews and responses, as required.
- Responsible for the activities of a manager, including management of the departmental budget, participation in planning and budgeting for special projects and improvement initiatives.
- University degree in Mathematics, Statistics or Actuarial Science.
- Fellow of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries.
- Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society
- Minimum seven years progressive experience in the casualty insurance industry, including 5 years of experience in pricing and at least one year in a supervisory capacity.
- In-depth knowledge of actuarial principles and associated tools and methodology.
- Proven capabilities in research, analysis, and a demonstrated ability to interpret and synthesize complex data.
- Strong broad-based analytical skills
- Proven abilities in developing innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Experience in delivery of projects under tight time constraints.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to clearly convey complex information in a concise and straightforward manner.
- Proficient in business computer applications for document preparation and statistical/financial/cost benefit analysis.
More search results
Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC)
Contrat en actuariat : Élaboration de contenu en …
Institut canadien des actuaires
CIA contract actuary opportunities: FCIA educatio…
Canadian Institute of Actuaries
Senior Actuarial Advisor
Senior Advisor - Development and Pricing - Guaran…