- Manitoba Public Insurance
- Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Practice Area
- Property and Casualty
- Actuarial designation
- Actuary – FCIA
In the position of Actuary, you will be part of the new Business Insights & Analytics team and will be responsible for supporting the entity in the transformation to a data- driven decision-making culture. The new team will be responsible for claim, premium and exposure forecasting , executive reporting, and identification of emerging trends. You will also ensure all activities are following actuarial standards of practice, governing regulations, internal policies.
- Creates and maintains monthly executive reporting on Claims Activity for all lines of business in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Creates and maintains monthly executive reporting on exposure and premium for all lines of business in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Creates and maintains reports to monitor reinsurance contracts.
- Delivers data driven insight concisely to all stakeholders.
- Communicates and illustrates the story that the data is telling the audience.
- Responsible for forecasting claims, premiums, and exposures for all lines of business
- Supports Finance in budget variance analysis on claims, premiums, and exposure monitoring.
- Develops and implements processes to ensure a current understanding of new and emerging trends, practices, and solutions.
- Provides consultative analytical support to all clients in the corporation requiring advice and assistance, ensuring that methodologies utilized conforms with principles and standards of practice of the CAS and CIA.
- Post-Secondary degree with an Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or Statistics Major.
- Fellow of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries.
- Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society.
- Minimum seven years progressive experience in the casualty insurance industry, including 5 years of strategic involvement in rate setting, valuation, forecasting or risk management.
- Exceptional understanding of property and casualty insurance products.
- Advanced knowledge of actuarial skills in pricing, analysis, statistical and financial modelling.
- Advanced knowledge of complex tools used in pricing and product; ability to read, analyze, manipulate, and interpret complex technical documents and experience with data and analytics, techniques and methodologies used in understanding risk and segmentation.
- Experience with Power BI and Python an asset.
- Strategic thinker who is intellectually curious and can think “outside the box”.
- Advanced organizational and time-management skills with the ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and prioritizes assignments to meet deadlines.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, and confidence in the company of senior leadership, peers, and mixed audiences, capable of providing feedback and clearly articulating decisions; comfortable presenting and defending points of view; effectively listens and responds thoughtfully; concise written communication.
More search results
Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC)
Contrat en actuariat : Élaboration de contenu en …
Institut canadien des actuaires
CIA contract actuary opportunities: FCIA educatio…
Canadian Institute of Actuaries
Senior Actuarial Advisor
Senior Advisor - Development and Pricing - Guaran…