Actuarial/Senior Actuarial Analyst
- Manitoba Public Insurance
- Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Practice Area
- Property and Casualty
- Actuarial designation
- Actuarial Candidate
As the Actuarial Analyst / Senior Actuarial Analyst, you will be responsible for conducting policy liabilities valuations, stochastic modelling, reinsurance pricing and commutations and other actuarial analyses on as needed basis. You will also collaborate with staff from other areas such as Pricing, Finance, Reinsurance, Business Insights & Analytics, Enterprise Risk Management, Investments and Product to work on joint tasks and projects.
MPI is committed to growing actuarial talent at MPI. The Actuarial Analyst/Senior Actuarial Analyst will have access to MPI’s Actuarial Development Program (ADP) which provides actuarial analysts with support and resources needed as they work towards attaining Fellowship. The Actuarial Analyst will also have the opportunity to rotate into other actuarial areas at MPI.
- Acquire the underlying claims and policy data from the Corporation’s Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Liaise with applicable departments and committees to acquire and develop business knowledge.
- Perform complex actuarial analyses using actuarial and/or statistical tools, techniques, and software.
- Focus in one of the following actuarial areas:
- Conduct quarterly valuations of policy liabilities and monthly monitoring of actuarial reserves.
- Prepare the annual review of Policy Liabilities for the Appointed Actuary, and the relevant sections of the Corporation’s Annual Financial Statement.
- Builds, maintains, and updates stochastic models as part of the Corporation’s Financial Condition Testing (FCT) analysis
- Complies the annual Financial Condition Testing (FCT) report
- Perform pricing and commutation analysis for the Corporations’ reinsurance contracts.
- Post-Secondary degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other related field of study.
- Successful completion of a minimum of two Casualty Actuarial Exams.
- Experience in an actuarial or mathematical environment is an asset.
- Experience in providing guidance and constructive feedback to peers
Senior Actuarial Analyst:
- Successful completion of a minimum of seven Casualty Actuarial Exams and attained ACAS designation.
- Five years of experience in an actuarial environment.
- Experience in providing guidance, constructive feedback and mentorship to peers.
- Experience in presenting analysis and findings to leadership.
- Working knowledge of SAS (Statistical Analysis System) is desired
- Working knowledge of R, SQL, Python and C++ would be considered an asset
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and VBA skills.
- Strong broad-based analytical skills.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (verbally and written with individuals at all levels).
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong ability to work independently and under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including the ability to work with changing priorities and timelines.
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive corporate information.
More search results
Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC)
Contrat en actuariat : Élaboration de contenu en …
Institut canadien des actuaires
CIA contract actuary opportunities: FCIA educatio…
Canadian Institute of Actuaries
Senior Actuarial Advisor
Senior Advisor - Development and Pricing - Guaran…