Actuarial Analyst I
At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
If you are interested in working for one of BC’s largest corporations and one of Canada’s largest property and casualty (P&C) insurers, ICBC is looking to bring a temporary Actuarial Analyst I to their Product and Pricing team.
ICBC’s actuaries primarily work in two areas: Insurance Pricing and Corporate Actuarial.
• Insurance Pricing has responsibility for overall rate recommendations for both Basic and Optional Insurance products, rate change implementation, pricing recommendation for new products or enhancement to existing products, other insurance modeling projects as well as assisting the corporation to make data driven decisions.
• Corporate Actuarial has responsibility for the estimation of ICBC’s claims reserves, determining future claims trends, financial reporting including the transitioning to IFRS 17, and capital adequacy testing to determine ICBC’s internal capital management MCT targets
In this role, you will be involved in the following projects:
• Rate change implementation for different products offered by ICBC
• Pricing recommendation for new products or enhancement to existing products
• Reinsurance program renewal for the corporation
• Other insurance modeling projects as well as assisting the corporation to make data driven decisions
Other duties may also be assigned depending on the successful candidate’s training and experience.
• You have a post-secondary degree and a solid knowledge of actuarial principles along with 2+ years actuarial experience
• You have completed at least three actuarial exams and are actively pursuing your Fellowship with the CAS.
• People describe you as a team player
• You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, which will be complemented by solid analytical skills and critical thinking.
• Knowledge of MS Excel is required. Experience using Emblem, Radar, SQL and SAS are considered assets.
ICBC continues to be recognized as one of BC's Top Employers. We hire great people for phenomenal jobs, come join our team!
Employing a hybrid working model, this role combines on-site in office work with work from home flexibility.
As announced by the Provincial government, all ICBC employees will be required to show proof of full Covid-19 vaccination.
Please note only those legally entitled to work in Canada at present will be considered for this position.
This is a temporary position. Pay range from $33.5 to $41.9 per hour, plus additional 19.2% in lieu of benefits and vacations.