Senior Actuarial Analyst
At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
ICBC is one of BC’s largest corporations and one of Canada’s largest property and casualty (P&C) insurers with annual earned premiums of $6.1 billion and $19.8 billion in assets. Our Insurance Pricing department has responsibility for rate requirements for both Basic and Optional Insurance products, rate design, program evaluation and other insurance modeling projects to support corporate wide priorities.
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Actuarial Analyst to join our Product Pricing team. On a rotational basis, you will have responsibility for:
• Refining pricing of current Basic and Optional products
• Developing pricing for new products to support corporate wide priorities
• Support the reinsurance program renewal for the corporation
• Analyzing future trends in policy growth and premium
• Support rate change implementation for different products offered by ICBC
Other duties may also be assigned depending on the successful candidate’s training and experience.
You have a post-secondary degree and a solid knowledge of actuarial principles along with 4+ years' experience in a variety of actuarial work areas. Past experience in personal or commercial auto pricing is preferred. You are also close to or have achieved the ACAS designation and are actively pursuing your Fellowship with the CAS. Known for being a team player, your excellent verbal and written communication skills will be complemented by a solid analytical skills and critical thinking. Advanced knowledge of MS Excel will be required while exposure to Emblem (or GLM modelling in other software), Radar and SAS are considered assets.
We invite you to apply today and find out why employees recommend ICBC to their friends and family as an excellent place to work. We value and seek to maintain an environment of Collaborative, Supportive, Straightforward, and Knowledgeable team.
Come join us at one of BC’s Top Employers!
ICBC provides comprehensive benefit coverage to all eligible employees including a defined benefit pension plan and 4 weeks’ vacation, plus Wellness Days.
• Extended health plan – 100% employer paid
• Dental plan – 100% employer paid for Basic coverage; 70% employer paid for major coverage
• 100% employer paid life insurance, LTD, and travel insurance
• Sick leave plan – 100% of pay for a period of a maximum of 15 weeks – 100% employer paid
• Long term disability plan
• Basic group life insurance
• Voluntary group life insurance
• Pension plan – defined benefit pension plan that pays a benefit to you or your beneficiary upon termination, death, or retirement
Employing a hybrid working model, this role combines on-site in office work with work from home flexibility.
As communicated by the provincial government, all ICBC employees are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.