Senior Actuarial Analyst - Product and Pricing
At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
If you are interested in working for one of BC’s largest corporations and one of Canada’s largest property and casualty (P&C) insurers, ICBC is looking to bring an Actuarial Analyst or Senior Actuarial Analyst to their Insurance Pricing team.
Insurance Pricing has responsibility for overall rate recommendations for both Basic and Optional Insurance products, rate design, product changes and new initiative evaluations, and other insurance modeling projects.
As an Actuarial Analyst, you will support the work of a manager /supervisor in this area to deliver optimal service to internal and external customers. This would give you the opportunity to work with and learn from experienced team of Actuarial professionals.
In this role, you will:
• Prepare data, perform, and document analysis at direction of supervisor in accordance with department standards.
• Conduct peer reviews of other analysts’ work to ensure accuracy and compliance to department standards.
• Conducts data reasonability checks.
• Prepares exhibits to convey actuarial work results.
• Recommends solutions to problems of moderate scope and complexity. Solutions may differ from established norms, so innovation and creativity are required.
• Prepares drafts of reports and documentation of work in a clear, concise manner and presents documentation in easily understandable terms.
As a Senior Actuarial Analyst, you will oversee the daily workflow of an assigned area and supports the work of the manager to deliver optimal service to internal and external customers.
In this role, you will:
• Leads and coordinates the daily work activities of an assigned area, ensuring compliance and quality in methods and practices.
Work may be exploratory in nature and may include assignments that are not guided by precedent.
• Supervises junior team members; provides input into performance planning and evaluations of junior analysts and assistants.
• Makes decisions based on actuarial and business knowledge.
• Defines and implements improvements to analytical work.
• Writes reports that draw attention to critical issues and required actions.
• Communicates complex technical results to internal and external customers (senior manager level) in understandable terms.
• Manages large projects. Defines project scope and develops project plan in consultation with manager.
Other duties may also be assigned depending on the successful candidate’s training and experience.
• You have completed post-secondary degree, along with 1+ year of relevant P&C actuarial work experience
• You have completed at least two actuarial exams and are pursuing your Fellowship with the CAS
• People describe you as a team player
• You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, which will be complemented by solid analytical skills and critical thinking
• Knowledge of MS Excel is required.
• Experience using Emblem, Radar, SQL and SAS are considered assets.
Hiring level will be decided based on experience and exams passed.
We invite you to apply today and find out why employees recommend ICBC to their friends and family as an excellent place to work. We value and seek to maintain an environment of Collaborative, Supportive, Straightforward, and Knowledgeable team.
Come join us at one of BC’s Top Employers!
Employing a hybrid-working model, this role combines on-site in office work with work from home flexibility.
Only candidates legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered for this position.