Actuarial Analyst II - Financial Reporting
At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
ICBC is one of BC’s largest corporations and one of Canada’s largest property and casualty (P&C) insurers with annual written premiums of $6.1 billion and $19.8 billion in assets.
At ICBC, there is a high demand for good quality actuarial candidates, and we believe that we can offer unique opportunities and competitive benefits in this market.
We understand that in today’s market, candidates are seeking more flexibility.
• We currently have a hybrid working model where you can work from home for up to 3 days a week.
• Our salaries are competitive and depending upon the role, the Recruitment Specialist will provide you with the range.
• 4 weeks of vacation, full benefits and a defined benefit pension plan.
• As an actuary at ICBC there are development opportunities that will allow you to progress to either a non-management senior technical role or a management people leadership role.
ICBC’s actuaries primarily work in two areas: Insurance Pricing and Corporate Actuarial.
• Insurance Pricing has responsibility for overall rate recommendations for both Basic and Optional Insurance products, rate, design, program evaluation, and other insurance modeling projects.
• Corporate Actuarial has responsibility for the estimation of ICBC’s claims reserves, determining future claims trends, financial reporting including the transitioning to IFRS 17, and capital adequacy testing to determine ICBC’s internal capital management MCT targets.
We currently have an opportunity for an Analyst to join the Corporate Actuarial department. If you have the below experience, we would love for you to connect with us to learn more.
• You have a post-secondary degree and a solid knowledge of actuarial principles along with two to five years' experience in a variety of actuarial work areas
• You have completed at least three actuarial exams and are actively pursuing your Fellowship with the CAS.
• People describe you as a team player
• You have excellent verbal and written communication skills which will be complemented by solid analytical skills and critical thinking.
• You are also comfortable communicating with non-actuarial areas of the company, such as financial accounting and information management.
• Knowledge of MS Excel is required. Experience with actuarial reserving software, Visual Basic, SQL, R, and SAS are considered assets.
We invite you to apply today and find out why employees recommend ICBC to their friends and family as an excellent place to work. We value and seek to maintain an environment of Collaborative, Supportive, Straightforward, and Knowledgeable team.
Come join us at one of BC’s Top Employers!
Employing a hybrid working model, this role combines on-site in office work with work from home flexibility.
Please note only those legally entitled to work in Canada at present will be considered for this position.
More search results
Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC)
Contrat en actuariat : Élaboration de contenu en …
Institut canadien des actuaires
CIA contract actuary opportunities: FCIA educatio…
Canadian Institute of Actuaries
Senior Actuarial Advisor
Senior Advisor - Development and Pricing - Guaran…