Pension Policy and Acturial Services Manager
- Alberta Teachers' Retirement Fund
- Edmonton, AB
- Annual Salary
- Practice Area
- Actuarial designation
- Actuarial Candidate
Established in 1939, the Alberta Teachers’ Retirement Fund (ATRF) has provided expert management of Alberta teachers’ pension plans for over 80 years. ATRF takes pride in delivering exceptional member-focused services and information to over 80,000 members and strives to deliver outstanding investment strategy to a Pension Plan that oversees over $22 billion in assets.
ATRF has an opportunity for a highly motivated actuarial professional to join our Pension Services team as the Pension Policy and Actuarial Services Manager.
The position is responsible for providing recommendations on actuarial issues relating to pension administration and ensuring compliance to applicable legislation while leveraging industry best practices. Reporting to the Director, Pension Services – Business Excellence, the position provides key support in identifying, evaluating and developing appropriate pension policies and cultivates strong working relationships with various internal stakeholders across the organization.
The Pension Policy and Actuarial Services Manager provides primary support to the Pension Services team in facilitating the delivery of pension administration services, ensuring the team has the appropriate tools, policies and information to produce and validate benefit calculations, confirming accuracy in benefit calculations and application of actuarial methodologies and assumptions , resolving complex cases, providing plan rules interpretation and communicating plan funding and other actuarial matters.
The ideal candidate is a high performing, analytical professional, with excellent communication and presentation skills with a proven ability to cultivate strong working relationships key stakeholders and exercise influence at all levels.
For a more detailed job description, please click here.
Qualifications, Experience and Capabilities
- University degree in Mathematics or Actuarial Science
- Actuarial designation achieved or in progress (ASA or FSA/FCIA), or an interest in pursuing, is considered a strong asset
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS), Pension Plan Administration Certificate (PPAC) or other equivalent certification would be considered an asset
- Minimum of seven years of work experience in pension or benefits consulting or administration, or in managing these programs
- Experience with pension administration systems and implementation, as well as developing pension policies, programs and strategies would be considered assets
- Strong knowledge of pension management, administration, actuarial benefit calculations and funding, as well as related legislation (including the tax rules applicable to registered pension plans) and regulatory compliance
- Proven ability to interpret and apply complex legislation and perform actuarial calculations
- Well-developed research skills and analytical abilities
- Outstanding writing and editing skills
- Sound judgment and planning skills
- Proven abilities in problem analysis, complex case resolution and change management
At ATRF, diversity is one of our core strengths. We are an organization that takes pride in ensuring the people we hire and the culture we create reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background, and experience. We offer a competitive compensation package, a comprehensive benefit program and an inclusive culture where you can be you!
Application Information: Individuals interested in being considered for this role are required to submit a cover letter as well as a resume attention to Aurlee Crane, Recruitment Specialist to firstname.lastname@example.org The application deadline is November 29, 2022. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to successfully complete a background check including educational verification, criminal record and a credit check.