Senior Associate, Pension Solutions
We believe that everyone has the right to DEFINE themselves and their future.
That includes YOU.
How would you like to do it in a fun, high-performance culture that’s truly one of a kind – on a team that appreciates you for being you, helps our members retire with confidence and makes Canada better, all at the same time?
If that sounds like your thing – and you’re an exceptional Senior Associate, Pension Solutions – we’d like to hear from you.
We’re CAAT Pension Plan, and we’re growing. We innovate defined benefit (DB) pension plans. What are they? Unlike other pension plans, they specifically define the lifetime benefits our members will receive in retirement. This means that our members know exactly what they’re getting every month – for life! Because we provide that certainty, we help more Canadians retire with greater financial security and priceless peace of mind and take pressure off the social safety net at the very same time, which frees up those resources for other Canadians who really need them.
In this external facing role, you will be meeting with and presenting to parties interested in possibly joining the CAAT Pension Plan. Our marketing and business development teams within Pension Solutions are generating leads. As those leads turn into prospects, you will be involved in educating prospects on all the benefits CAAT has to offer, answering questions and providing decision support to help them with their due diligence of CAAT.
We are looking for some with the following attributes:
- University degree (e.g. majoring in actuarial science, statistics, or mathematics) and/or College diploma and/or a combination of equivalent training, education, and experience.
- Having or nearing Fellow, Canadian Institute of Actuaries (FCIA)/Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA) designation or demonstrated equivalent education/experience
- Minimum eight (8) years in the pension industry, preferably with some consulting experience
- Proficiency in the full Microsoft Office Suite (MS 365 is preferred)
- Thorough understanding of pension plans
- Keen interest to engage directly with organizations, unions, Committees, and Boards considering joining the CAAT Plan
- Confident and comfortable leading meetings, preparing and delivering presentations, educating and answering questions on our Plan, and providing decision support
- Solutioning mindset to identify how different employers and employee groups could benefit from joining the CAAT Plan
- Strong technical skills to review, interpret and explain member benefit projection illustrations
- Understanding of actuarial valuations and how underlying assumptions impact results
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (effectively interact with internal and external parties)
- Accountability - takes ownership of personal workload and performs tasks to completion within deadlines
- Organized, self-starter, able to manage multiple deliverables at the same time with minimal oversight
- Good communication skills (both written and oral)
Once here you will:
- Develop and oversee preparation of presentations, co-ordinate resources, and participate in or lead external meetings to educate interested parties about CAAT and our pension solutions
- Support business development team as they get new prospect meetings
- Evaluate interested parties’ current retirement arrangements and identify employee benefit projection illustrations to support education and decision making
- Work closely with the Actuarial Solutions team on benefit illustrations and merger pricing
- Work with senior staff to develop pension plan merger proposals and package results in ways which support decision making
- Work with Plan staff from various teams to respond to questions from parties interested in joining the Plan
- Manage relationships with prospects as they perform their due diligence on CAAT
- Use Salesforce to review past business development activities and record new activities
- Demonstrate creativity and innovation with problem solving, and identify terms of participation for employee groups to join the Plan that will be acceptable to all parties
- Monitor pension industry practices while maintaining up to date knowledge on applicable pension legislation
- Assist in training and mentoring of the business development and member education staff on pensions
- Other duties as assigned
What does CAAT offer you and what should you know about us?
- Our vision is to provide an environment where employees can bring their whole, authentic selves to work. That’s what drives our culture – one that’s truly one of a kind. In fact, we have been recognized as one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures for 2019, 2020 and 2021, as one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers for 2020, 2021 and 2022, and by Canadian HR Reporter as one of the Best Places to Work for 2021 and 5-Star Rewards and Recognition Winner.
- We provide membership in CAAT’s defined benefit (DB) pension plan, a flexible and collegial work environment, a comprehensive health and dental benefits package, life insurance, and an array of wellness programs
- Everyone is a leader at CAAT, so we invest in our people and enthusiastically support your career development goals, regardless of your role, with access to tuition aid and learning opportunities like our ground-breaking CAAT Academy
- We offer a flexible hybrid work environment.
- We are conveniently located at the Eaton Centre in downtown Toronto, next to Queen Subway station, with ready access to multiple TTC routes, GO Transit, and the PATH.
- You can learn more at www.caatpension.ca
We recruit and select the most qualified candidates and thank all applicants for their interest but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
CAAT Pension Plan is an equal opportunity employer that supports abilities and diversity of all kinds. If you require accommodation during the recruiting and selection process, please contact us at 416-673-9000.