Business Line: Retirement
Hours Per Week: 35 (Full-Time)
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Hybrid (https://www.nfp.ca/about-nfp/find-an-office)
Job Duration: Full-Time, Permanent
About the Role
As a consulting actuary with NFP, you will work as part of a team, applying your actuarial, consulting and project management expertise in the areas of Canadian Defined Benefit retirement plan valuation and design, compliance and financial reporting. You will focus on ensuring our clients receive exceptional retirement consulting services.
What You’ll Do
- As a key member of client teams, ensure delivery of high-quality work that meets legislative requirements and client needs
- Deliver consulting advice and services to clients
- Support, supervise and validate the process of actuarial valuations for both funding and accounting purposes
- Collaborate in the design and administration of pension plans
- Assist with special projects and tasks, as required
- Build and maintain excellent relations with clients and team members
- Work with current and prospective clients to grow business
- Participate in ongoing professional development
What You Bring
- FSA/FCIA Designation
- At least 3 years of pension plan consulting experience
- Strong mathematical skills, and detailed knowledge of the actuarial valuation process
- Very good knowledge of pension plan legislation
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional client focus
- Superior proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong independence but also a dedicated team player
- Willingness to share ideas and voice opinions
Who We Are
NFP is a leading insurance brokerage that provides property and casualty, group benefits, retirement and individual solutions through our licensed subsidiaries and affiliates. We’re a 5x Best Places to Work award winner in Insurance, a 5-Star Brokerage award winner from Insurance Business Canada Magazine, and a recognized Elite Agency award winner. We enable client success through the expertise of over 1000 employees based in Canada and more than 6,900 employees with over 310 offices globally.
Since 2021, NFP has been responsible for bringing more than four billion dollars ($4,000,000,000) in premium to the P&C Market.
Our expertise is matched by our commitment to each client’s goals and is enhanced by our investments in innovative technologies in the insurance brokerage and consulting space. To learn more, please visit https://nfp.ca/.
What’s In It For You
NFP’s PeopleFirst culture offers a multitude of benefits to employees and is a great place to call home.
- A hybrid environment approach that keeps the best interests of our staff and our clients in mind
- Annual bonus plan for all employees
- Matching RRSP plan of 5% of salary
- Referral Commission Plan
- Generous benefits plan including Health Care Spending Account starting on the first day of employment
- Full support for continuing education & internal opportunities to grow as a pension professional to advance career
- Reimbursement of professional membership dues
- A global team of industry leaders focused on employee retention, client growth, industry innovation and collaboration
Our employees are the foundation of our success.
NFP is a big company — a growing, inclusive team of individuals supporting each other’s passions and engaging with the community.
Building a diverse, collaborative and innovative team requires leadership, deliberate action, and ongoing measurement. We actively support the well-being of our employees with benefits and programs driven by recognition, community, financial wellness tools, development and inclusion, fostering personal and professional growth that keeps us moving forward.
Beyond our office walls, we’re dedicated to serving the community around us. Every day we make proactive choices to take care of the communities in which we live and work. We contribute to different organizations, including CIBC Run for the Cure, Autism Speaks, KRG Children's Charitable Foundation and many more. From charity drives and community service outings to other company-sponsored events, our employees donate their time and raise funds on behalf of great causes across the country.
Our business is built on the personal level. Whether it’s in our offices, on a call, out in the field or anywhere you can find us in the world, we’re starting the conversations that create a more secure future for everyone.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
More search results
Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC)
Contrat en actuariat : Élaboration de contenu en …
Institut canadien des actuaires
CIA contract actuary opportunities: FCIA educatio…
Canadian Institute of Actuaries
Senior Actuarial Advisor
Senior Advisor - Development and Pricing - Guaran…