Director, Pension Solutions
- CAAT Pension Plan
- Toronto, Ontario
- Financial – Investment
- Actuarial designation
- Actuary – FCIA
We believe that everyone has the right to DEFINE themselves and their future.
That includes YOU.
How would you like to do it in a fun, high-performance culture that’s truly one of a kind – on a team that appreciates you for being you, helps our members retire with confidence, simplifies workplace pensions, and makes Canada better, all at the same time?
If that sounds like your thing – and you’re an exceptional Director, Pension Solutions and an expert in DC pension plans – we’d like to hear from you.
We help more Canadians retire with greater financial security and priceless peace of mind and take pressure off the social safety net at the very same time, which frees up those resources for other Canadians who really need them. We provide participating employers with a competitive advantage to improve attraction, retention, productivity, and wellness – without taking on risks associated with traditional single employer pension plans.
CAAT is experiencing significant growth and so is the Pension Solutions Department. As a result, we have a new opportunity for an experienced pension professional. Reporting to the Vice President, Pension Solutions, the Director, Pension Solutions is a highly collaborative, people focused pension expert with extensive experience in defined contribution (DC) pension plans. You will bring your passion for pensions and leverage your formal actuarial, pension administration and or relevant consulting experience to the development of stakeholder relationships resulting in mergers and conversions into the CAAT Pension Plan’s DBplus program.
The successful candidate will have technical experience in the following key areas:
- The ability to lead end to end business development activities from identifying emerging opportunities, initial client communication, engagement, needs assessments and product education, through to the successful onboarding of new employers, ensuring their unique requirements are satisfied and their experience positive.
- Deep experience working with organizations with defined contribution (DC) pension plans, including administration, design, finance, governance, and compliance.
- Track record of success working with various levels at member organizations, from administrators to key decision makers and governance committees. Sound judgement and the ability to build strong working relationships within teams and with a broad set of Plan stakeholders, including members, unions, regulators, committee members, human resources, and finance professionals.
- Progressive experience in the pension industry with focus on actuarial services, communications, stakeholder relations, regulatory and pension plan policy along with significant experience in a client relationship management or business development role.
- An engaging speaker and subject matter expert in the pension industry with a broad network. Ability to tailor solutions and presentations to the specific needs of each stakeholder group.
- Exceptional thought leader, engaging, professional and innovative, with a keen interest to provide guidance to potential member organizations.
- Demonstrated record of success in providing subject matter expertise and support to colleagues through complex calculations and other technical challenges. Working knowledge of all provincial and federal pension legislation and regulations.
A University Degree, along with twenty (20) years of experience in the pension industry and at least fifteen (15) years of direct client relationship management with the demonstrated ability to grow and develop strategic and critical relationships is required. Previous experience within jointly-sponsored, multi-employer pension or multi-jurisdiction pension plans is strongly preferred. A Fellow of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries (FCIA) designation (or equivalent) and bilingualism in English & French will be considered assets.
What does CAAT offer you and what should you know about us?
- Our vision is to provide an environment where employees can bring their whole, authentic selves to work. That’s what drives our high-performance, fun culture – one that’s truly one of a kind. In fact, we have been recognized as one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures for 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022, as one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers for 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023 and by Canadian HR Reporter as one of the Best Places to Work for 2021.
- We provide (no big surprise here!) membership in CAAT’s defined benefit (DB) pension plan, a flexible and friendly work environment, a comprehensive health and dental benefits package, life insurance, and an array of wellness programs.
- Everyone is a leader at CAAT, so we invest in our people and enthusiastically support your career development goals, regardless of your role, with access to tuition aid and learning opportunities like our ground-breaking CAAT Academy.
- Our office is located at the Eaton Centre in downtown Toronto, next to Queen Subway station, with ready access to multiple TTC routes, GO Transit, and the PATH.
- We offer a flexible, hybrid work arrangement. Extensive regional travel is expected, along with attendance in events and conferences as applicable.
- You can learn more at www.caatpension.ca
DEFINITELY INTERESTED? Apply here or email your resume to email@example.com with Director, Pension Solutions (DC Expert) in the subject line on or before February 10, 2023.
We recruit and select the most qualified candidates and thank all applicants for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
CAAT Pension Plan is an equal opportunity employer that supports abilities and diversity of all kinds. If you require accommodation during the recruiting and selection process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Human Resources at 416-673-9000.
Similar searches: Actuary – FCIA, Ontario, Financial – Investment