Senior Actuarial Advisor
- Toronto or Mississauga
- Financial – Investment
- Practice Area
- Actuarial Evidence, Enterprise Risk Management, Investment
- Actuarial designation
- Actuary – FCIA
Senior Actuarial Advisor
Duration: Full time
Work Location: Toronto or Mississauga, depending on the applicant selected
Unposting Date: 2023-02-9
At Desjardins, we believe in equity, diversity and inclusion. We're committed to welcoming, respecting and valuing people for who they are as individuals, learning from their differences, embracing their uniqueness, and providing a positive workplace for all. At Desjardins, we have zero tolerance for discrimination of any kind. We believe our teams should reflect the diversity of the members, clients and communities we serve.
If there's something we can do to help make the recruitment process or the job you're applying for more accessible, let us know. We can provide accommodations at any stage in the recruitment process. Just ask!
Do you have good analytical skills? Is there no limit to your curiosity when it comes to innovation? Do you want to learn more and improve your skills? Be at the heart of stimulating projects by joining a critical service for the proper functioning and operation of DGIG. Come innovate and change the world of insurance with us! A world in constant change. Be part of the journey!
We don't offer you a job, we offer you job satisfaction! #Desjardinsdifference
The Ontario Auto Ratemaking team is looking for a candidate to join it as a Senior Actuarial Advisor. Are you interested in working on various projects in collaboration with Marketing, Claims, Underwriting, Sales and Business Development in a motivating environment where we focus on developing our people? Then you may be the one we are looking for!
What you will do
- Lead the development of an optimal pricing strategy based on claim cost models, behavioural models and competitive intelligence
- Coach and mentor junior staff regarding various actuarial initiatives
- Represent/liaise with other departments and key stakeholders
- Lead implementation of cutting-edge pricing techniques in an evolving and uncertain regulatory environment in a way that minimizes the adverse impact on Desjardin's members and clients, and spurs profitable growth
- Identify, build and improve the pricing algorithms for our property or auto products using modern modeling techniques (GLM, GBM, etc.)
- Provide advice analyses by analyzing issues and challenges (indications, filings, competitive analysis), make appropriate assumptions, communicate results to the stakeholders (management, stakeholders, other teams) and make recommendations to the authorities concerned in a fast-paced environment
- Ensure the improvement of RSP cession strategy
- Ensure contribute to completion and submission of regulatory rate filings.
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor's degree in a Actuarial Science, Mathematics or Statistics
- A minimum of 6 years of experience
- Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- successful completion of at least five CAS exams
- P & C Insurance knowledge
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of SAS, VBA, R
What we offer
- Training and development opportunities to grow your career with one of Canada's top 100 employers
- Rotation program for experienced and inexperienced employees
- Flexible work options and paid time off to support your personal and family needs
- A holistic approach to your well-being, with physical and mental health programs and a supportive workplace culture
- A comprehensive compensation package, including competitive salary, bonus, defined benefit pension plan and benefits
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Discounts on automobile and home insurance premiums
- Full reimbursement of Insurance Institute of Canada courses
- Free second-language course in the workplace
- Reimbursement of job-related continuing education costs
- Time off for study days for actuarial examinations.
Why choose an actuarial career with Desjardins?
- An organization that highly values actuaries
- A technology and innovation leader
- Offers first-hand experience
- Offers exceptional training and work that will challenge your skill set
- Offers the flexibility of working in Mississauga, Toronto, Montreal or Lévis
- Offers a great rotation program that allows actuaries to gain additional experience in reserving, pricing, commercial, and R&D
- A company that focuses on members and clients.
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
- Action oriented, Customer Focus, Differences, Nimble learning
Key competencies for the job
- Business insight, Decision quality, Drive results, Persuades
Other working conditions
Workplace : Position located in Toronto or Mississauga, depending on the applicant selected. The work arrangement for the position is hybrid work #LI-Hybrid
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/63caa034e051a956a33f715a/551576a712497d1f544ccd44/en
Similar searches: Actuarial Evidence, Actuary – FCIA, Enterprise Risk Management, Investment, Ontario, Financial – Investment
More search results
Appointed Actuary, Canadian Branch
Berkshire Hathaway Group Reinsurance Division
Director, Life Insurance Capital
Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI)
the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board
Capital Specialist / Spécialiste du capital
Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions Canada