Senior Actuarial Analyst
Pacific Life Re is seeking a Senior Actuarial Analyst to work within our Corporate Actuarial team, based in our downtown Toronto office. Our hybrid work environment allows flexibility to work away from the office.
Our ideal candidate would thrive in our vibrant, collaborative culture; be intellectually curious and enjoy problem-solving.
The candidate would be a technical contributor; collaborate with other team members; and lead smaller initiatives as they occur.
Pacific Life Re – Who are we?
We work with clients in Europe, Asia, Australia, and North America, specializing in risks associated with Life, Critical Illness, Income Protection and Longevity products. Our clients are insurance or reinsurance companies looking for a new and innovative approach to taking risks.
With the security and financial strength of a parent company that's been around for over 145 years and a mutual holding company as our ultimate parent, we are not constrained by short-term thinking; therefore, allowing us to be free to pursue the right course for our clients and our business.
Underlying our philosophy is an intelligent approach to taking risks. By recruiting top quality staff and investing in the latest analytical technologies, we believe we are well placed to make those decisions.
- The opportunity encompasses a number of responsibilities, including:
- Modeling our reinsurance treaties using actuarial valuation tools, such as Moody’s AXIS
- Quarterly Financial Reporting and Analysis under Canadian, US and Bermuda regulatory bases as well as international and US accounting standards
- Problem-solve model issues and identify opportunities for model or process improvement,
- Contribute to the development of junior team members
- Liaise with the managers and team members of other departments
- Presentation of the results and analysis to Senior Management
- Support various projects to improve both process efficiency and improved analytics
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- Nearly completed FCIA designation or similar designation
- Displays high level of competency in Moody’s AXIS or similar actuarial software
- Demonstrates an aptitude and passion for learning and self-development
- Shows initiative, flexibility, and resourcefulness
- Ability to deal with challenging deadlines and prioritizes effectively
- Ability to work well on a team as well as independently
- Communicates in a clear and practical manner both verbally and in writing
Hybrid Working Environment
At PL Re, we have successfully implemented flexible work options to work both from home and in the office in our hybrid working environment.
We place the health and wellbeing of our employees at the forefront of what we do. We’ve invested in providing a high level of support for our employees to work from home, including regular online collaboration events, providing suitable home-working equipment, and flexible working options, as well as regular social activities.
Our commitment to our employees doesn’t stop there. We’re continuing on our journey to create an even more diverse and inclusive culture, supported by a new smarter approach to working.
We want to make sure everyone is looked after and supported and that includes local communities. We regularly contribute by giving staff time off for volunteering activities and making charitable donations.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all, Pacific Life Re will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact us about your needs, and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.
Working For Pacific Life Re
Every person in our global team is valued for the unique qualities they bring to our business and we seek to build their expertise and support their individual ambitions at every step. We work hard and thrive on achievement, but we also know how to have fun and relax too. We regularly host a range of team building days to strengthen our team's connection with each other and reflect on their successes.
Providing employees with a healthy work-life balance is very important to our culture. We have a wide range of employee benefits and we host regular social activities and well being initiatives. We are also committed to supporting our employee's involvement in their communities, by actively fundraising, hosting charity events and overseeing volunteering opportunities.
- Competitive salaries
- Work-life balance
- Collaborative and inclusive culture
- Social activities and events
- Formal and informal mentoring
- Learning and development options
- Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives
- Lots of fun clubs to join!
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we will provide reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact us about your needs so that we can discuss these with you to make sure that suitable adjustments are made, where possible.