- Swiss Re
- Financial – Insurance
- Actuarial designation
- Actuarial Student
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime. We cover both Property & Casualty and Life & Health. Combining experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise, we create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 14,000 employees across the world.
Our success depends on our ability to build an inclusive culture encouraging fresh perspectives and innovative thinking. We embrace a workplace where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive and develop professionally regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, skillset, thought or other characteristics. In our inclusive and flexible environment everyone can bring their authentic selves to work.
About the Team
The AXIS Modelling Centre of Excellence (MCoE) develops, maintains and provides ongoing support of modelling within Moody's AXIS platform. Our actuarial models are relied on by teams responsible for financial reporting and business steering across North America.
We reside within the L&H Business Management division, which manages our reinsurance business. With a team size of approximately 20 colleagues spanning multiple geographic locations, you will have the opportunity to influence a wide variety of team goals and add to team spirit.
About the Role
Come partner with us and help to craft a growing team of modelling specialists! We make the world more resilient through modelling valuation liabilities for US and CA Life & Health (L&H) reinsurance business, driving new technologies to use data insights, and optimizing efficiencies in daily work.
- Play the AXIS MCoE Developer, Demand Lead or Champion roles as needed.
- Own and craft robust AXIS models, consistently delivering solutions which improve value to our partners.
- Support and optimize our operational and governance framework to ensure activities are conducted effectively – to add most value in a controlled, transparent, efficient, fast and flexible manner.
- Collaborate with other team members to navigate the prioritization of work requests and to recommend most suitable solutions for the business.
- Optimize work product value, by acting and owning effective solutions through to successful delivery. Actively bring parties together to deliver better outcomes, displaying exemplary behaviors, including a drive for excellence and self-improvement that influences others positively.
- Support team learning and development, ensuring sustainability and continuous growth of our highly skilled modelling service.
- Adopt best-practices regarding modelling approaches, analysis, documentation, and more.
- Develop and spread your expertise regarding a holistic business understanding, including Swiss Re's US and CA L&H Reinsurance portfolios, the AXIS modelling platform, external regulatory and accounting rules, and the internal valuation landscape.
- Explore new technologies, including Swiss Re's strategic partnership with Palantir, to improve data insights.
- Proficiency in AXIS and SQL or other similar tools.
- Experience with L&H pricing and/or valuation in the insurance and/or reinsurance industry. Preferably knowledgeable about Swiss Re's US and CA L&H Reinsurance business, as well as its people, processes and systems landscape.
- A highly motivated and internally driven SOA/IFoA pre-Associate or Associate aiming toward fellowship, or other quantitative educational backgrounds such as Data or Computer Science, if coupled with a curious mind for actuarial topics.
- Functional knowledge of at least two local or global reporting bases, such as US GAAP, US Statutory, Canadian GAAP/Statutory, Swiss Statutory, IFRS, or others.
- Approaches problems with curiosity, open-mindedness and is a fast learner
- Exemplary communication, negotiation, and social skills to build and maintain positive relationships, internally within the team and externally with key partners.
- Reliability – integrity, judgement, energy/will, ownership, analytical power.
- Experience contributing to multiple simultaneous projects, at times involving cross functional teams spanning multiple locations.
- Ability to prioritize and offer creative perspectives to improve value of team deliveries.
- Growth mentality with a dedication to maintain a team spirit based on openness and respect.
- Desire to learn from highly skilled industry professionals across multiple fields to grow your professional development.
- Nice to have a functional knowledge of at least two local or global reporting bases, such as US GAAP, US Statutory, Canadian GAAP/Statutory, Swiss Statutory, IFRS, or others
Similar searches: Actuarial Student, Ontario, Financial – Insurance