Advisor - Actuarial Analysis and Statistics
- Toronto or Mississauga
- Financial – Banking
- Practice Area
- Enterprise Risk Management, Investment
- Actuarial designation
- Actuary - ACIA
Advisor - Actuarial Analysis and Statistics
Duration: Full time
Work Location: Toronto or Mississauga, depending on the applicant selected
Unposting Date: 2023-11-10
At Desjardins, we believe in equity, diversity and inclusion. We're committed to welcoming, respecting and valuing people for who they are as individuals, learning from their differences, embracing their uniqueness, and providing a positive workplace for all. At Desjardins, we have zero tolerance for discrimination of any kind. We believe our teams should reflect the diversity of the members, clients and communities we serve.
If there's something we can do to help make the recruitment process or the job you're applying for more accessible, let us know. We can provide accommodations at any stage in the recruitment process. Just ask!
Do you have good analytical skills? Is there no limit to your curiosity when it comes to innovation? Do you want to learn more about Commercial Lines and improve your skills? Be at the heart of stimulating projects by joining a critical service for the proper functioning and operation of DGIG. Come innovate and change the world of insurance with us! A world in constant change. Be part of the journey!
We don't offer you a job, we offer you job satisfaction! #Desjardinsdifference
The Actuarial Analysis and Statistics team is looking for a candidate to join it as an Advisor. Are you interested in working on various projects in collaboration with Marketing, Claims, Underwriting, Sales and our Exclusive Agent Network in an engaging environment with a focus on people development. Then you may be the one we are looking for!
What you will do:
- Conduct detailed studies and analyses to be used for rate level, segmentation and business solution projects. Recommend solutions based on the analyses
- Develop solutions for actuarial and business problems using a variety of tools and techniques in a dynamic environment. Work closely with Commercial Lines business units and Underwriting to understand and implement solutions
- Contribute to annual budget process by setting realistic objectives that are aligned with Commercial Lines strategic plan
- Develop policies and guidelines through research and impact analyses
- Support project planning, development, execution and coordination.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree in actuarial science, Mathematics, Statistics or in a related field
- A minimum of 4 years of experience
- Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Successful completion of at least five CAS exams
- P & C Insurance knowledge, Microsoft Office Suite, SAS
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
- Action oriented, Customer Focus, Differences, Nimble learning
Key competencies for the job
- Business insight, Interpersonal Savvy
What we offer:
- Training and development opportunities to grow your career with one of Canada's top 100 employers
- Flexible work options and paid time off to support your personal and family needs
- A holistic approach to your well-being, with physical and mental health programs and a supportive workplace culture
- A comprehensive compensation package, including competitive salary, bonus, defined benefit pension plan and benefits
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Discounts on automobile and home insurance premiums
- Full reimbursement of Insurance Institute of Canada courses
- Free second-language course in the workplace
- Reimbursement of job-related continuing education costs
- Time off for study days for actuarial examinations.
Why choose an actuarial career with Desjardins?
- An organization that highly values actuaries
- A technology and innovation leader
- Offers impactful projects that range from....
- Offers first-hand experience
- Offers exceptional training and work that will challenge your skill set
- Offers the flexibility of working in Mississauga, Toronto, Montreal or Lévis
- Offers a great rotation program that allows actuaries to gain additional experience in reserving, pricing, commercial, and R&D
- A company that focuses on members and clients.
Other working conditions
Workplace: Position located in Toronto or Mississauga, depending on the applicant selected. The work arrangement for the position is hybrid work #LI-Hybrid
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
Please apply online at : https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/6537af9d8a615f1596a0c754/551576a712497d1f544ccd44/en