Take a step forward in your professional career with Actuarial Solutions Inc.
ASI is looking to add a member to its actuarial team. Based in Ontario, ASI is one of Canada’s leading pension consulting firms serving sponsors of small and mid-size defined benefit pension plans. ASI takes pride in its focus on delivering the highest quality actuarial and pension administration services with outstanding customer service.
ASI is a staff and client focused firm that values the long-term benefit of stable relationships. Work-life balance and volunteering within the actuarial profession are key philosophies that allow our professionals to have a fulfilling career and contribute to low turnover within the team.
ASI has an opening for a full-time entry-level Actuarial Analyst. We are open to this position being in either the Oakville or Windsor offices, with occasional travel to the other location. Candidates should state their preference of location if they have one. The position will entail working closely with fully qualified actuaries on a variety of functions including pension valuations, post-retirement health plan valuations, preparation of draft accounting disclosures in accordance with the accounting standards and guidelines, preparation of client correspondence and assistance with pension plan administration.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Finance, Mathematics or related field
- completion of some credits/exams, and actively working towards the ACIA designation
- ideally 1-3 years of experience in the pension field
- detail oriented, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- an ability to undertake multiple projects of varying complexity is a must
- excellent team player, with a high degree of self-motivation
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- experience with the ProVal software package, would be an asset
- bilingual (French-English) would also be an asset
Working at ASI
- flexible hours with paid overtime, and strong work life balance
- competitive wages and benefits
- actuarial study program, including paid time off and fee reimbursement
- working closely with fully qualified actuaries, and a path for career progression in the actuarial field
- ASI’s culture is to work predominately in the office, however remote work is permitted for up to one day per week for this role and could change over time
Interested candidates, please submit your resume to Resume@ActuarialSolutionsInc.com. Recent university graduates are also encouraged to include their university transcript/grades. We thank all interested candidates who submit their application; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.